FMT MovabilityPeak performance and rehabilitation with advanced movement therapy.
FMT Movability introduces the concept of movement therapy and performance enhancement to create simple and effective home care mobility and stability programs. FMT Movability is a new paradigm for enhancing human movement. This course will clarify the ‘ why’ behind using balls, bands, rollers, and tape to improve mobility and stability of the body using a joint-by-joint approach. By using movement assessment to determine planar dysfunction, participants will learn how to determine if the dysfunction is primarily a mobility or stability problem.
Tools (balls, bands, rollers and kinesiology tape) will be used to tackle an evidence-informed, joint by joint approach to movement and functional rehabilitation. Movement assessments will be used to identify dysfunctional movement patterns. The primary goals of this course is to help healthcare and fitness professionals teach at home therapy for their athletes and patients. The cost of this course includes your own foam roller and tape. You will be able to take these supplies home with you at the end of the course.
Register for a class now!
This course is intended for healthcare professionals, therapists, trainers and coaches. CEUs may be offered depending on the class.
At the conclusion of the course, attendees will be able to:
- Discuss the differences between joint fixation, tissue extensibility, or motor control dysfunction
- Discuss movement assessment techniques to identify faulty motor patterns
- Master functional taping applications for joints/tissue that require motor control strategies
- Demonstrate proper foam rolling for pre-activity and post activity to heighten or calm the neurological system
- Effectively coach exercises using bands and body weight with appropriate progressions and regressions of those exercises
- Use thick gym bands to help mobilize joints that have been found to be restricted