FMT BladesGentle soft tissue techniques via Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue Mobilization (IASTM).
FMT BLADES introduces the concept of movement therapy and performance enhancement via Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue Mobilization (IASTM). The FMT Blades certification will review screening dysfunctional movement patterns and utilizing soft tissue tools to improve patient outcomes. The anatomy, physiology and neurology of myofascial soft tissue work is covered. IASTM intervention strategies will also be combined with kinesiology taping and corrective exercise techniques to deliver a comprehensive approach to patient care. workshop, hands-on environment. This course is intended for practitioners and therapists with all levels of experience with soft tissue techniques.
The term IASTM or “Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue Manipulation” is commonly paired with the image of steel tools and deep tissue work that can cause redness and bruising on the skin. FMT IASTM certification courses introduce the concept of movement therapy and performance enhancement with gentle soft tissue techniques. Some of the tools may be hard-edged, but the techniques don’t need to be aggressive to deliver superior patient outcomes. There are many forms of ‘instruments or tools’ that can assist your manual therapy skills and save your hands! You don’t have to buy an expensive set of tools and attend a class that locks you into one way of utilizing IASTM on your patients or athletes.
FMT IASTM Certification courses are led by industry leading experts in movement assessment and therapy AND you get to keep the tools you use in the class.
FMT IASTM Certifications are intended for healthcare professionals, therapists and fitness professionals with all levels of experience with soft tissue techniques. CEUs may be offered for Physiotherapists, Chiropractors, OTs and message therapists or any other professional with the scope of practice to use these techniques. FMT Certified professionals receive an additional 25% discount on RockTape purchases after taking a class.
This course is intended for healthcare professionals, therapists, trainers and coaches. CEUs may be offered depending on the scope of practice.
At the conclusion of the course, attendees will be able to:
- Understand and integrate the myofascial sequencing model (FASCIAL ANATOMY)
- Define and discuss the neuroanatomy of the fascial subsystem – VERY IMPORTANT DIFFERENTIATION
- Identify and demonstrate movement screening techniques to identify faulty movement patterns
- Recognise and describe the theory and science of IASTM within the literature
- Practice, demonstrate and integrate assisted fascial tooling with functional kinesiology taping to change body-relative movement quality.
- Understand and demonstrate the ability to provide dry fascial gliding to promote improved ROM.