We offer two levels of Fascial Movement Taping clinics. Our FMT certifications are designed for therapists and practitioners who want to further their understanding of human movement. FMT Basic addresses theories and applications for rehab, posture, edema and sports performance. FMT Performance builds on FMT Basic concepts, with an emphasis on myofascial pathways, movement therapy and performance enhancement.
- All class supplies (tape, scissors, digital course notes) are provided.
- Recommended to complete FMT Performance after FMT Basic
- You will be credentialed in FMT, which is an internationally recognized certification.
- CEUs are offered to professionals registered with HPCSA or AHPCSA where the techniques fall within their scope of practice
Follow the link below for a video on the course:
Date and Times
- Any Course – 2021
- Zoom – All the information you will need will be emailed to you before 7 pm on the day before the course.
- All theory and demonstrations will be covered during the Virtual Course.
- Practical sessions will commerce once appropriate Lockdown level is reached – This will be communicated to you once the dates for practical sessions have been confirmed.
- Deidré Ras, Master Instructor Africa
- R1500 FMT Basic
- Registration includes: Digital course notes, all research articles, all tape and products used during the event, snacks, 25% discount on all future purchases, listing on the website.
- 20% Student Discount – discount is available for current full-time students. Email a copy of your current student ID (must show a year) or class registration to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 8 Continuing Education Units
This course introduces the concept of movement therapy and enhancement via functional taping methods. It includes a review of the current literature supporting the theory of kinesiology taping for the purposes of rehabilitation, edema/swelling management, neuropathic pain, scar mobility and postural management. FMT Basic is an evidence-informed kinesiology taping course that redefines out understand of the effects of elastic therapeutic taping on pain mitigation, circulation and proprioception. FMT Basic lays the groundwork for a practical framework of ‘taping movement, not muscles’ to replace an outdated model focused on directional taping to activate or inhibit muscles.
Education Objectives FMT Basic:
- Discuss the physiological effects of kinesiology taping.
- Demonstrate functional taping and understand its role and use for the applications of rehabilitation, edema management, neuropathic pain, scar mobility, and posture improvement.
- Demonstrate and discuss the concept of a longitudinal muscle chain approach to the elastic therapeutic taping and a myofascial sequencing model of “Taping movements, not muscles.”
25% fee for registration cancellations made less than 2 weeks before the scheduled class date.
Training may be cancelled if a minimum number of trainees is not reached two weeks prior to training. All registrants will receive a full refund or immediate transfer to a future training course.
We do everything possible to ensure our events will go on as planned, but Mother Nature can choose to not cooperate. If it looks like a class will have to be cancelled, we will do our very best to contact you and give you as much notice as possible. With that said, please make your travel plans accordingly, knowing that we are not responsible for acts of God and cannot refund travel expenses related to cancelled/rescheduled seminars.