We offer two levels of Fascial Movement Taping clinics. Our FMT certifications are designed for therapists and practitioners who want to further their understanding of human movement. FMT Basic Taping addresses theories and applications for rehab, posture, edema, and sports performance. FMT Advanced Taping builds on FMT Basic Taping concepts, with an emphasis on myofascial pathways, movement therapy, and performance enhancement.
- All class supplies (tape, scissors, digital course notes) are provided.
- Recommended to complete FMT Advanced Taping after FMT Basic Taping
- You will be credentialed in FMT, which is an internationally recognized certification.
- CEUs are offered to professionals registered with HPCSA or AHPCSA where the techniques fall within their scope of practice
Follow the link below for a video on the course:
Date and Times
- Saturday, 14 August 2021, 08:00-14:00
Venue or Platform
- Durban (Physical course) or Virtually via Zoom – All the information you will need will be emailed to you beforehand on or before the day of the course
- All theories and demonstrations will be covered during both the Physical and the Virtual Courses.
- Roxanne Crundwell (Physiotherapist)
- R1500 FMT Basic Taping
- Registration includes Digital course notes, all research articles, all tape and products used during the event, snacks, 25% discount on all future purchases, listing on the website.
- 20% Student Discount – discount is available for current full-time students. Email a copy of your current student ID (must show a year) or class registration to email@example.com
- 6 Continuing Education Units
FMT Basic Taping
This course introduces the concept of movement therapy and enhancement via functional taping methods. It includes a review of the current literature supporting the theory of kinesiology taping for the purposes of rehabilitation, edema/swelling management, neuropathic pain, scar mobility and postural management. FMT Basic Taping is an evidence-informed kinesiology taping course that redefines our understanding of the effects of elastic therapeutic taping on pain mitigation, circulation, and proprioception. FMT Basic Taping lays the groundwork for a practical framework of ‘taping movement, not muscles’ to replace an outdated model focused on directional taping to activate or inhibit muscles.
Education Objectives FMT Basic Taping:
- Discuss the physiological effects of kinesiology taping.
- Demonstrate functional taping and understand its role and use for the applications of rehabilitation, edema management, neuropathic pain, scar mobility, and posture improvement.
- Demonstrate and discuss the concept of a longitudinal muscle chain approach to the elastic therapeutic taping and a myofascial sequencing model of “Taping movements, not muscles.”
25% fee for registration cancellations made less than 2 weeks before the scheduled class date.
Training may be canceled if a minimum number of trainees is not reached two weeks prior to training. All registrants will receive a full refund or immediate transfer to a future training course.
We do everything possible to ensure our events will go on as planned, but Mother Nature can choose to not cooperate. If it looks like a class will have to be canceled, we will do our very best to contact you and give you as much notice as possible. With that said, please make your travel plans accordingly, knowing that we are not responsible for acts of God and cannot refund travel expenses related to canceled/rescheduled seminars.