We offer two levels of Fascial Movement Taping clinics. Our FMT certifications are designed for therapists and practitioners who want to further their understanding of human movement. FMT Basic addresses theories and applications for rehab, posture, edema and sports performance. FMT Advanced Taping builds on FMT Basic concepts, with an emphasis on myofascial pathways, movement therapy and performance enhancement.
- Advised to complete FMT Basic before FMT Advanced Taping (* Previously known as FMT Performance)
- All class supplies (tape, scissors, digital course notes) are provided.
- You will be credentialed in FMT, which is an internationally recognized certification.
- CEUs are offered to professionals registered with HPCSA or AHPCSA where the techniques fall within their scope of practice
Follow the link below for a video on the course:
Date and Times
- Any Course – 2021
- Zoom – All the information you will need will be emailed to you before 7 pm on the day before the course.
- All theories and demonstrations will be covered during the Virtual Course.
- Practical sessions will commerce once appropriate Lockdown level is reached – This will be communicated to you once the dates for practical sessions have been confirmed.
- Deidré Ras, Master Instructor Africa
- R2000 FMT Performance
- Registration includes: Digital course notes, all research articles, all tape and products used during the event, snacks, 25% discount on all future purchases, listing on the website.
- 20% Student Discount – discount is available for current full-time students. Email a copy of your current student ID (must show a year) or class registration to email@example.com
- 8 Continuing Education Units
FMT Advanced Taping (* Previously known as FMT Performance)
This course expands on the concepts of movement therapy and performance enhancement via functional taping methods that are taught in FMT Basic. The anatomy and physiology of myofascial slings is covered. Movement assessment to determine dysfunction in specific slings and how to apply tape in a manner that improves movement and function is done in a workshop hands-on environment. Corrective exercise techniques to address mobility and stability dysfunctions along these myofascial pathways are presented.
Education Objectives FMT Advanced Taping:
- Discuss the concept of the longitudinal muscle chain approach to kinesiology taping and a myofascial sequencing model of “Taping movements, not muscles.”
- Demonstrate movement screening techniques to evaluate proper human movement patterns. In the presence of faulty movement patterns, the plane of dysfunctional movement is identified and movement is corrected using the longitudinal muscle chain approach to kinesiology taping.
- Demonstrate functional taping applications for Performance Chains.
- Discuss and demonstrate assessment of sport-specific movement patterns and the use of taping to improve sports performance.
25% fee for registration cancellations made less than 2 weeks before the scheduled class date.
Training may be cancelled if a minimum number of trainees is not reached two weeks prior to training. All registrants will receive a full refund or immediate transfer to a future training.
We do everything possible to ensure our events will go on as planned, but Mother Nature can choose to not cooperate. If it looks like a class will have to be cancelled, we will do our very best to contact you and give you as much notice as possible. With that said, please make your travel plans accordingly, knowing that we are not responsible for acts of God and cannot refund travel expenses related to cancelled/rescheduled seminars.