Until now, choices were limited if you wanted to learn how instrument-assisted soft tissue mobilization (IASTM) could integrate into your patient/athlete care. You had to buy expensive tools and attend an expensive class that locked you into one way of utilizing IASTM. Not anymore.
The cost of this course includes a RockBlades Mohawk kit and digital course notes. You will be able to take these supplies home with you at the end of the course.
You will be credentialed in FMT Blades Advanced, which is an internationally accredited certification.
CEUs may be offered to physiotherapists, chiropractors, occupational therapists, and massage therapist (or any other medical profession registered with HPCSA and AHPCSA where these techniques fall within their scope of practice)
Follow the link below for a video on the course:
Date & Times
- Saturday, 04 September 2021, 08:00 – 14:00
Venue or Platform
- Johannesburg (Physical course) or Virtually via Zoom – All the information you will need will be emailed to you beforehand on or before the day of the course.
- All theories and demonstrations will be covered during both the Physical and the Virtual Courses.
- Deidre’ Ras (Master Instructor)
- FMT Blades Advanced –
- R2000* if you already have purchased RockBlades or other IASTM tools (bring tools with you to class) [*you can not attend the class without any tools. This is an interactive class and techniques will be practiced during workshop], OR
- R3500 (includes your own set of RockBlades Mohawk and carry bag)
- Follow the link below for FMT Blades Advanced at R3500 that does include the tools set: https://rocktapeprotea.co.za/shop/education/fmt-blades/fmt-blades-advanced-04-sep-2021-mohawk/
- 20% Student Discount – discount is available for current full-time students. Email a copy of your current student ID (must show a year) or class registration to email@example.com
- 6 Continuing Education Units
FMT Blades Advanced
FMT Blades Advanced IASTM Certification introduces the concept of skin/fascial/nerve gliding and neuro-sensory pain* modulation via Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue Mobilization. The tools may be hard-edged, but the techniques don’t need to be aggressive to deliver superior patient and client outcomes. The anatomy, physiology, and neurology of myofascial soft tissue work are covered, along with a review of the concept of interlayer connective tissue gliding using a rubber sleeve for added tissue traction FMT Blades Advanced also addresses pain* modulation via specific mechano-reception stimulation using the novel hair comb attachment.
This course is intended for practitioners and therapists with a more advanced understanding of soft tissue techniques. Each participant will keep their soft tissue tool set after this course.
Functional Movement Techniques (FMT) Certification courses are led by industry-leading experts in movement assessment and therapy.
EDUCATIONAL LEARNING OUTCOMES FOR FMT BLADES ADVANCED:
After this course the participant will be able to:
1.Define, understand and integrate the myofascial sequencing model
2.Discover and explore neuroanatomy of the dermal/fascial subsystem
3. Recognize and demonstrate skin/fascial glide screening process.
4. Describe and interpret the research of IASTM with respect to connective tissue gliding and pain* modulation.
5. Practice, demonstrate and integrate assisted fascial tooling techniques.
6. Analyze and critique the most common cutaneous nerve entrapments of the upper & lower extremity and trunk.
7. Compare and contrast the ability to provide dry fascial gliding to address cutaneous nerve entrapments.
25% fee for registration cancellations made less than 2 weeks before the scheduled class date.
Training may be canceled if a minimum number of trainees is not reached two weeks prior to training. All registrants will receive a full refund or immediate transfer to a future training.
We do everything possible to ensure our events will go on as planned, but Mother Nature can choose to not cooperate. If it looks like a class will have to be canceled, we will do our very best to contact you and give you as much notice as possible. With that said, please make your travel plans accordingly, knowing that we are not responsible for acts of God and cannot refund travel expenses related to canceled/rescheduled seminars.