The term ‘flossing’ is commonly associated with the image of a thick rubber band wrapped around an athlete’s large muscles, however; ‘floss bands’ are an excellent tool for clinical care and a valuable tool for your patient’s and athlete’s self care programs.
FMT RockFloss explores the science of compression band flossing and fascial shearing to help improve joint mobility, reduce pain*, and enhance movement. RockFloss is the one of the latest additions to the RockTape tool arsenal to better equip each clinician, therapist or trainer to deliver superior patient and client outcomes.
- RockFloss (1 x 5cm, 1 x 10cm) included in registration fee.
- All class supplies (tape, scissors, digital course notes) are provided.
- You will be credentialed in FMT, which is an internationally recognized certification.
- CEUs are offered to professionals registered with HPCSA or AHPCSA where the techniques falls within their scope of practice
Follow the link below for a video on the course:
Date and Times
- Any Course – 2021
- Zoom – All the information you will need will be emailed to you before 7 pm on the day before the course.
- All theories and demonstrations will be covered during the Virtual Course.
- Practical sessions will commerce once appropriate Lockdown level is reached – This will be communicated to you once the dates for practical sessions have been confirmed.
- Deidre Ras, Master Instructor Africa
- R3000 FMT Floss
- Registration includes: Digital course notes, all research articles, all tape and products used during the event, snacks, 25% discount on all future purchases, listing on website.
- 20% Student Discount – discount is available for current full-time students. Email a copy of your current student ID (must show a year) or class registration to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 6 Continuing Education Units
FMT RockFloss Certification- Compression Band Flossing Certification
The FMT RockFloss Certification introduces the concept of skin/fascial/nerve gliding to help reduce tissue swelling, improve movement and modulate pain* with the use of ‘compression band floss’.This course will cover the anatomy, physiology and neurology of the effects of compression band flossing on connective tissue gliding, tissue traction and tissue compression.
Interventions with compression band floss (including direction and pressure concepts) will be reviewed and integrated into current rehabilitative concepts. RockFloss is one of the latest additions to the RockTape tool arsenal to better equip each clinician, therapist or trainer to deliver superior patient and client outcomes.
This course is intended for practitioners and therapists with a basic understanding of soft tissue techniques. Each participant will keep their RockFloss, mobility balls and RockTape after this course.
The Functional Movement Techniques (FMT) Certification Series are led by industry leading experts in movement assessment and therapy.
EDUCATIONAL LEARNING OUTCOMES FOR FMT ROCKFLOSS:
After this course the participant will be able to:
- Define, understand and integrate the myofascial sequencing model
- Discover and explore neuroanatomy of the dermal/fascial subsystem
- Recognize and demonstrate a novel skin/fascial glide screening process
- Describe and interpret the research as it relates to connective tissue gliding and pain* modulation.
- Define, practise, and integrate banded floss techniques related to soft tissue pathology as it relates to tension, direction and pressure
- Compare, contrast and perform various methods of current rehabilitative treatment techniques with RockFloss
25% fee for registration cancellations made less than 2 weeks before the scheduled class date.
Training may be cancelled if a minimum number of trainees is not reached two weeks prior to training. All registrants will receive a full refund or immediate transfer to a future training.
We do everything possible to ensure our events will go on as planned, but Mother Nature can choose to not cooperate. If it looks like a class will have to be cancelled, we will do our very best to contact you and give you as much notice as possible. With that said, please make your travel plans accordingly, knowing that we are not responsible for acts of God and cannot refund travel expenses related to cancelled/rescheduled seminars.