Myofascial Cupping has been around since the early 19th century – only recently has the image of purple circles on professional athlete’s backs created attention to an ancient myofascial therapy. The cups and techniques have changed over time, but the basic premise of the cups providing suction to decompress the underlying tissue remains the same.
FMT RockPods explores the science of tissue gliding, traction and decompression with easy to use myofascial cups. RockPods are one of the latest additions to the RockTape tool arsenal to better equip each clinician and therapist to deliver superior patient and client outcomes.
- RockPods (Myofascial Cupping set) included in the registration fee.
- All class supplies (tape, scissors, digital course notes) are provided.
- You will be credentialed in FMT, which is an internationally recognized certification.
- CEUs are offered to professionals registered with HPCSA or AHPCSA where the techniques fall within their scope of practice
Follow the link below for a video on the course:
Date and Times
- Any Course Date – 2021 or 2022
- Zoom – All the information you will need will be emailed to you before 7 pm on the day before the course.
- All theories and demonstrations will be covered during the Virtual Course.
- Practical sessions will commerce once appropriate Lockdown level is reached – This will be communicated to you once the dates for practical sessions have been confirmed.
- Deidré Ras, Master Instructor Africa
- R3000 FMT Pods
- Registration includes: Digital course notes, all research articles, all tape and products used during the event, snacks, 25% discount on all future purchases, listing on the website.
- 20% Student Discount – discount is available for current full-time students. Email a copy of your current student ID (must show a year) or class registration to email@example.com
- 6 Continuing Education Units
FMT RockPods- Myofascial Cupping Certification
FMT RockPods Certification introduces the concept of skin/fascial decompression-to help improve tissue mobility, improve movement and modulate pain* with the use of myofascial cups. This course will cover the anatomy, physiology and neurology of the effects of myofascial cupping on connective tissue gliding, tissue traction and tissue decompression. FMT RockPods Certification will discuss skin and fascial decompression by evaluating the dermal and fascial systems.
Interventions with myofascial cupping will be reviewed based on the literature and integrated into current rehabilitative concepts.
This course is intended for practitioners and therapists with a basic understanding of soft tissue techniques. Each participant will keep their RockPods, RockBand, and RockTape after this course.
The Functional Movement Techniques (FMT) Certification Series are led by industry leading experts in movement assessment and therapy.
EDUCATIONAL LEARNING OUTCOMES FOR FMT ROCKPODS:
After this course the participant will be able to:
- Define, understand and integrate the myofascial sequencing model
- Discover and explore neuroanatomy of the dermal & fascial subsystem
- Recognize and demonstrate a novel skin/fascial/movement screening process
- Describe and interpret the research as it relates to connective tissue gliding, pain* modulation, and movement therapies.
- Define, practise, and integrate myofascial cupping techniques related to soft tissue pathology as it relates to tension/decompression, direction, external cueing and pressure.
- Compare, contrast and perform various methods of current rehabilitative treatment techniques with RockPods.
25% fee for registration cancellations made less than 2 weeks before the scheduled class date.
Training may be cancelled if a minimum number of trainees is not reached two weeks prior to training. All registrants will receive a full refund or immediate transfer to a future training.
We do everything possible to ensure our events will go on as planned, but Mother Nature can choose to not cooperate. If it looks like a class will have to be cancelled, we will do our very best to contact you and give you as much notice as possible. With that said, please make your travel plans accordingly, knowing that we are not responsible for acts of God and cannot refund travel expenses related to cancelled/rescheduled seminars.